Double click on the Photo Album below to see a slide show:
Empire Theatre was earlier called Majestic Empire Vaudeville. It was located at 226 N. St. Marys at E. Houston Street. The Empire opened in 1914. This site was originally the Turner Opera Hall which opened in the 1870's. The Empire, owned by the Hoblitzel's Interstate Theatre Circuit, ran for years and then lay dormant in the seventies and eighties. It became the Charline McCombs Empire Theatre on April 4, 1998. She had been instrumental in getting the theatre restored.