Double click on the Photo Album below to see a slide show:
Laurel Theatre was located at 2310 San Pedro Av. and was opened in January, 1945. It was closed in 1982 and was razed in September, 1986. The theatre was owned by Maurice Braha who renamed the theatre the New Laurel Theatre.
The land was originally owned by Joseph J. Barshop, who also owned the land that the Woodlawn Theatre was on. Both theatres were designed by renown theatre architect, John Eberson. The theatre remained in Barshop's ownership for many years until it was purchased by Maurice Braha. Both theatres were leased to Interstate Theatre Circuit. Karl Hoblitzelle used the services of John Eberson on many of his Texas Theatres.
The above information was found in a book in the San Antonio Public Library, "John Eberson's Theaters in Texas", Ann Yoklavich, February 1987